The Computational Statistics Group at the University of Waterloo is a multi-disciplinary group made up faculty from the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science and the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science.
See People link
- Pattern recognition / structure discovery
- Statistical estimation, inference & prediction
- Statistical decision making
- Dimensionality reduction
- Large model methods
- Data visualization algorithms and tools
- Machine learning
Bioinformatics, databases, data mining, decision analysis, finance, health informatics, intelligent systems, security, etc.
Research Activity (last 5 years)
- 23 journal and 42 conference papers, including best paper awards at ICASSP-05, COLT-06, ICVS-07
- 47 invited talks, keynote addresses and tutorials
- Co-chairs of 2 conferences, co-organizers of 4 workshops and program committee members of more than 15 conferences